Granted to individuals who are currently employed and have primary management responsibility for the administrative functions of the food service department in a director or assistant director capacity and who meet one of the following education or experience requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in the field of nutrition, food service administration, or a related area, or
- An associate degree (two years) in the food service field with at least two years' experience as director or assistant director of the food service department of a healthcare institution, or
- A minimum of five years' food service management experience with at least two years' experience at director or assistant director of the food service department of a healthcare institution.
Granted to individuals who are currently employed and
- Are interested in the objectives of the society but are not eligible for active membership.
Granted to individuals who are currently enrolled full-time in as associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degree program, or
- Have left active membership to continue education on a full-time basis in an accredited school at either the undergraduate or graduate level.
Granted to individuals who have left active membership to retire from professional practice.